Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A Love Song

One of my passions is singing on the Worship Team at my church. Most of you understand what that statement means...some of you don't. Let me explain.

On Sunday mornings Rock Canyon Church meets at the Provo Towne Centre Mall in Provo, Utah. A set-up crew arrives at 6:30 AM to prepare three movie theaters for a full-on-Sunday-morning worship experience. Theater one is set up for Prayer and Communion, theater two for KidzPrayz (ages 5 - 11), and theater three...service in the Main Sanctuary. Every Sunday morning is an opportunity to worship God through:

fellowship - prayer - communion - serving
singing
scripture reading - teaching - learning - giving.

As a participant on the Worship Team at my church I have the privilege of inviting the congregation into worship through singing, along with seven other Team members.

In preparation for Sunday morning worship the Team gets together mid-week for a spiritual jam session. We practice the music we will sing the following Sunday morning, discuss what the Bible defines as worship to the Lord, and pray for one another. We don't use hymn books or handouts with the words to the songs written on them at the movie theaters: songs are projected onto the big screen with images of falling snow, rolling tides, or spectacular waterfalls 'moving' in the background. Pretty cool, huh?

Well, at practice tonight we learned a new song...a love song, actually. And the words go something like this:

Every new day Your glory unfolds -
filling my eyes with Your treasures untold.
The beauty of holiness brings worship anew.
My greatest love is...You.


Call me deeper into Your grace -
the river that flows from the holy place.
Wash over me cleansing me through.
My greatest love is...You.


And the 'You' in the song is J E S U S. Goodnight.