Thursday, February 16, 2006

God's Cathedral

The sun is not shining when I leave for work in the mornings...and rarely is it shining when I leave work to come home. I go to work in the dark. I come home in the dark. The last couple of days have been bitter cold and snow is everywhere! Get the picture?

However, the ride to work this morning was different. As I pulled into my employer’s parking lot I watched the dawn break over the Wasatch Mountains of Utah County. In awe, I sat in my car as the rising sun replaced the passing night. An ocean of blue sky quickly spread as far as my eyes could see…and the snow sparkled like diamonds on the ground outside. Toward the west I could see the moon ‘hanging’ in that ocean of sky. Awestruck, I thanked the Father for such a glorious day and went into work. But that's not where this entry ends…

At 5:45 PM, not looking forward to the dark ride home, I left my cozy cubicle and went out into the frigid air. To my surprise the sun was still shining! Breathless (from inhaling bitter cold air), I thanked the Father again for the glorious day He had given me, got into my car, and started the engine. But that's not where this entry ends…

Going home, I turned on I-15 and headed north. I gasped at the beauty of the valley before me. Snow glistened everywhere…on the ground, in the fields, on the mountains. And above all that snow was a striking contrast of blue sky. In that moment I realized I was sitting in the front row seat of my Heavenly Father's Cathedral; a Cathedral created by Him...for me.

And I whispered, "Father, thank you for this glorious day!"