Sunday, November 12, 2006

Wonder of Unfailing Love

I've been listening to Darlene Zschech's "Change Your World" compact disk over and over again and all I can say is, "WOW!" What an incredible collection of love songs to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! One lyric after another, Darlene sings passionately and sincerely of her love for our Redeemer.

Upon inserting the CD and pushing play the listener is immediately 'transported' into the presence of the Lord as Darlene's voice lovingly acknowledges Him in You Are Here:

Only by Your love I am breathless. Only by Your touch, I am left forever longing for Your presence. And somehow abandoned to the mystery I've found.

How Your majesty once again can strike a chord in me; Leaving me surrendered, knowing I am heaven's and always worshipping the love of my life.

You are here; You are here with me. Everywhere I go, You are loving me. I am Yours and you are mine, forevermore.

Through the valleys low You will keep me. O where can I go? Holiness surrounds me, angels all around me...forever. Shadowed in Your glory, I hide.

You are here; You are here with me. Everywhere I go, You are loving me. I am Yours and You are mine, forevermore. Forever we will sing: Hallelujah, Hallelujah. Hallelujah, Hallelujah. Everywhere I go, You are here with me.

You are loving me...restoring me.

Next, with deep longing and reverence, Darlene sings Captured:

Here I stand, my heart is crying out for You. I will wait, I will love. I look to You in the sanctuary...drinking deep from your Holy fountain.

You've captured my heart again. And I need You more than the morning needs the light. You've captured my heart again. For I know that I...I can't live without Your love.

Fill me now with the breath of heaven. Beholding You I am free. You and I...we're meant to be together. Forever Yours in Your holy presence.

You've captured my heart again and I need you more than the heavens need to sing. You've captured my heart again. For I know that I...I can't live without Your love.

There's none beside You...none before You...there's no other like You, my God. And I need You more than the oceans need the rain. You've captured my heart again. For I know that I can't live without Your love.

And, with awe and reverence, Darlene sings Where Would I Be:

You knew me. Even as a child I heard You call me closer. Clearly like a song I've always known You would play for me.

Like the breaking of the dawn, everyday I long for more of you.

Where would I be without Your love? Where would I be without Your hand on my life?

Lifted, through the valleys...through the pain...I know You're with me. Carried, like I'm dancing in the rain. You cover me. Then you catch me when I fall. As we walk this gift of life I need You.

Where would I be without Your love? Where would I be without Your hand on my life?

Forever, I will follow You. I will live for You, forever. I will worship You.

I will follow You, forever. I will live for You. I will worship You... forever.

Will You dance with me again? For I can only live this life with You. Where would I be without Your love? Where would I be without Your hand on my life?

Where would I be without Your grace? Where would I be without Your refuge over me?

In Sing Over Me, Darlene shares her experience of finding unfailing love in the shadow of the Holy One:

Holy One, I come again and run into the shelter of Your wing. On my knees, before you now, You gently lift the burden of my heart. And You sing over me; yes, You sing over me.

The wonder of...the mystery of Your unfailing love...forever. How wonderful, how beautiful, Your amazing love, forever.

Breathe on me, Holy One. I linger in the presence of Your love. Heavens song, sung to me...lifts me up again to bring You praise. And you sing over me; yes, You sing over me. Heaven's song, surrounding me.

Yes...You sing over me.

And last, in You Are Holy, Darlene praises the One worthy of all praise:

You are holy to be held in utter reverence. At times I hold my breath and tremble...and behold your majesty.

You are worthy of all praise and adoration. And when I fail to bring you pleasure, You extend Your grace again.

In the morning I will seek you. In the evening I will love You. I sing...hallelujah, I sing. Join the angels to worship, honor, and praise Your holy, holy name.

You are perfect in all Your ways. I come before you, lift my hands to say I love you. For Your love it is enough!

With my life Lord I will serve you. Every moment to be found in You. I sing...hallelujah, I sing. Join the angels to worship, honor, and praise Your holy, holy name.

I sing...hallelujah, I sing. Join the angels to worship, honor, and praise Your holy, holy name. I will praise Your holy, holy, holy name.

As you meditate upon these lyrics I pray you feel the presence of the Holy One and experience the wonder of His unfailing love.

Peace!