Saturday, August 26, 2006

Reeling In the Big Ones

This was my very first fish ever...a beautiful Lake Trout from a glacier lake in Wyoming! I vaguely remember going fishing as a little girl...not enjoying what I was doing because I never caught anything.

But no more! I love to fish! This fish was caught using a down-rigger with a husky "Rainbow" Rapala lure. My lovely companion is my cousin's daughter, Tasha.


(Click on pic to see the big fish)

Below is the second fish I caught...another lovely Lake Trout. I caught this one with a husky "Firetiger" Rapala lure...trolling close to shore. Pulling in to a little cove (To visit the ladies room) I hooked this one reeling in my line as we approached the dock. Later, this fish was cut up into four fillets, marinated in Zesty Italian salad dressing, grilled to perfection on a charcoal grill...served with fresh cut lemons. I leave the rest to your imaginations. My beautiful companion is my daughter, Kayla.


(Click on pic to see the big fish)

And last, but not least, I caught the fish below while trolling close to shore. Again, I used the now famous Firetiger lure, a.k.a., "The Triple L" (Lucky Lori Lure). This one has yet to be filleted and cooked...and rests frozen in a vacuum sealed package.


(Click on pic to see the big fish)

Honorable mentions: I also caught three pretty Rainbow Trout on hooks baited with worms (Small catches in comparison to the above, hence no pics). Indeed, the fishing was very good!

"Thank you!" to all who accompanied me to the lake: Mike, Nan, Tasha, Mother, Kayla, Staci, Al, Bernice, Don, Rose, and Bill. Your company was better medicine than what the doctor prescribed!

-------

PS. Thanks Jim for showing me where God lives and literally being my right arm as you taught me how to fish...despite my disability! Because of you I've gained a deep respect and new appreciation for the lowly, slimy, wiggly earthworm.

(Where God lives...)