Sunday, July 02, 2006

I Surrender

My friend and sister-in-Christ, Sheila Stubblefied, wrote the following poem. I asked her if I could put it on my blog...she said sure. Now, I share her poem with all of you.

"Surrender"

Help me to surrender my eyes and mind on you.
Teach me to surrender my problems to you so that I can climb the stairway up to Heaven.
Surrender it all to God so some might spill out on the world.

We surrender grief, sorrow, and pain to you through the grace of Your love.
Surrender a case of hopelessness in an empty place of mind and heart.
Now I surrender it all to You...at the cross.

Thank you, God. I surrender it all to You!

Approximately one year ago I had the privilege of leading a Rock Canyon Church Connection Group (Small group) comprised of women from diverse backgrounds and of various ages. The purpose of our group was to meet weekly for fellowship, relationship, and discipleship. Into this group came Sheila.

Sheila suffers from several maladies: Diabetes, Arthritis, high blood pressure, seizures, depression, and severe anxiety. Her childhood was plagued with severe abuse (Physical, emotional, and sexual); she was raped as an adult; and lost her six-year old daughter in a tragic shotgun accident.

Independence Day is just around the corner and freedom in Jesus never looked so good. So...let's get out our white flags and wave them!


P.S. Sheila, I'm so proud of you! I love you forever.