Wednesday, May 31, 2006

No Sacrifice

I was practicing with the Worship Team at my church last week and was impressed by the talent that surrounded me. As I looked around, watching and listening, I felt truly blessed to sing with such a dedicated group of people. For me...every Wednesday night jam session is no sacrifice.

As we moved through each song (To be sung during the following Sunday morning service at the movie theaters), I took pictures of my band. Each member cheerfully obliged.

Drum roll please...


Top row, left to right: Richard, Kurene, Mike, Junior, Sally, Altivese, Me; bottom row, left to right: Jamie, and Nichi. Our fearless Worship Pastor, Marlys Jackson, a.k.a. Awesome Blossom...MIA (scroll down to her lovely self in Get Real ).

The last song we practiced was No Sacrifice, by Jason Upton ...and it goes like this:

To You I give my life, not just the parts I want to. To You I sacrifice these dreams that I hold on to.

To You I give the gifts Your love has given me. How can I hoard the treasures that You've designed for free?

To You I give my future as long as it may last. To You I give my present...to You I give my past.

Because...

Your thoughts are higher than mine;
Your words are deeper than mine;
Your love is stronger than mine. This is no sacrifice...

Here's my life.


What more can I say but that I love my band!