Monday, May 01, 2006

Simple Pleasures

-------

Riding with my mother on the road to Murphys...

-------

Holding my 20 year-old son in my arms while humming a hymn, counting my blessings one by one...

-------

Pouring real sugar (about four teaspoons to be exact) into a Starbuck's 'Black' shaken grande iced tea and enjoying every sip...

-------

Going to the movies with Staci...

-------

Thirty minute power (prayer) walks with Jesus...

-------

Watching my sister-in-law-to-be talk about about how 'hot' her husband-to-be (my younger brother) looks in a tuxedo...

-------

Talking long distance with a dear friend into the wee hours of the morning (1:30, 2:00, sometimes 3:00 AM)...

-------

Listening to my 80-something great uncle talk about the good ole' days...

-------

Hearing someone say, "I respect you, I trust you, I love you." as a sentence in a conversation...

-------

Singing on the Worship Team at my church and 'jam' sessions with the same every Wednesday night...

-------

Eating sweet potatoe fries on a bed of succulent, steamed mussel shells...

-------

Standing on a mountan ridge high atop the Sierras and listening to the wind blow through a thousand trees...

-------

Gazing at the moon on a clear night...

-------

Hiking in the Uinta mountains seeking Spanish treasure...

-------

Reeling in a big one on Fremont Lake...

-------

The road to Murphys.